The 7-Week Chakra Blend Challenge Program:
Week #1 – The 1st Chakra
Ready to begin?
Here are your 3 exercises for Week #1 for your 1st chakra:
Flower Essences: Spinach, Strawberry, and Tomato Essences
Location: Coccyx center, base of the spine
Sanskrit name: Muladhara
Part 1: Thought for the Day
Think RED — “Good cheer, laughter, joy!”
Draw clear, bright red vibrations into your 1st chakra at the base of your spine.
Part 2: 1st Chakra Color-Breathing Technique
When taking your 1st Chakra Blend, sit upright with a straight spine. Meditate for a few minutes. Then begin this series of breathing, affirmation, and visualization:
Imagine the color red. Take a slow, deep breath through your nose, drawing as much air as possible into your lungs. Feel that you are breathing the color red into the 1st chakra.
Hold the breath for a few seconds and then exhale completely through your mouth. As you exhale, imagine expanding the color red from the1st chakra out into your aura. Visualize a bright ring of red encircling your body.
If you are inspired to include an affirmation, repeat these words, mentally only, several times with deep concentration:
“The color red strengthens and ground me in the earth element within. It gives me strength and courage!”
Next, after filling your aura with the color red, see it vibrating with great vibrancy around your body. Sit in silence with closed eyes, and enjoy the experience of this color that you have now welcomed into your energy field!
Part 3: Chakra Challenge Journaling for the 1st Chakra’s Earth Element
1. Who am I really? Write 10 or more phrases or sentences to describe you and your basic personality. Example: 1.) I am a woman. 2.) I live in Northern California. 3.) I am a teacher. 4.) I love nature. 5.) I am easy to get along with…and so on.
2. What do I lack in life? Am I open to grow and change, or am I stuck in my ways?
3. What are my major goals in this life? List 5. Of these five which is most important. What bad habits are keeping me from accomplishing that goal? What can I do to get unstuck from those bad habits?
4. What do I fear? Do I have courage? How do I show it? How can I develop inner strength and courage?
5. To what or whom am I loyal? List people or things as they come to your mind and then go back and number them in order of importance to you.
6. The first chakra is where we experience being grounded, having a good solid foundation for our lives. Do I have this quality in my life? How do I feel when I am uncentered or ungrounded? What can I do to become more grounded or centered as needed?
7. How do I experience and relate to the earth element within me?
8. What insights have I gained on the 1st Chakra Blend, especially during the first 3 days?
9. Now set aside all thoughts of what you have read or heard about this chakra. Close your eyes and meditate on the 1st chakra for at least 5 minutes. What does it look like to you – shapes, colors, forms, symbols? How does it smell, taste, sound, and feel? Draw a picture or make a simple abstract diagram of what you saw or felt in your meditation. Write a poem or a few lines of verse or prose to go with this chakra. What music do you know that would give the feeling of this chakra, either your own musical composition or someone else’s?